To try and use the voice mail service you have to perform the following steps:
Step 1. Subscribe to the service in one of the possible ways:
- 1st Way. Open your GoogleTalk and invite new recipient whose user id is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2nd Way. Go to the main page of this site and submit your user id by pressing "Invite" button, then accept the invitation from email@example.com.
Step 2. Checking your vmail box. Open a chat window to user firstname.lastname@example.org and send a text message containing VMLIST keyword. This will tell GTalk2VoIP gateway to display the content of your voice mail box. The output goes like this:
service: Welcome to GTalk to Telephone Gateway.
Type 'HELP' for more information
You entered: vmlist
In your voice mail box:
# 0 Tue Feb 28 07:15:15 2006 from: email@example.com duration: 11 secs status: Old
# 1 Tue Feb 28 13:22:30 2006 from: firstname.lastname@example.org duration: 4 secs status: Old
# 2 Tue Feb 28 13:47:37 2006 from: email@example.com duration: 0 secs status: New
# 3 Tue Feb 28 13:48:06 2006 from: firstname.lastname@example.org duration: 1 secs status: Old
Total: 1 new messages of 4 available.
First column is the voice mail reference number which you can use to play or delete the message.
Last column displays the message status: New - not played yet, Old - already played.
Step 3. Playing voice mail. Type in the VMPLAY ref_number command to play message number ref_number. If the number is correct, you will receive an incoming call from email@example.com which you have to accept. Example: VMPLAY 3 will start playing voice message # 3.
Step 4. Sending voice mail. Type in VMSEND firstname.lastname@example.org to send a voice mail message to the user id email@example.com. If the user id is correct, you will receive an incoming call which you have to accept.
Step 4a. Sending voice mail. After you accepted the incoming call a beep signal is played and a message like "Dictate your voice message for firstname.lastname@example.org after beep signal. Recording...". Now you can start dictating your message.
Step 4b. Sending voice mail. When you have finished, just hang up. An information message will be sent to your recipient (i.e. email@example.com), so he/she can play your voice mail the same way using the VMPLAY command.
Step 5. Deleting voice mail. Type in the VMDEL ref_number command to delete message number ref_number from your voice mail box. Example: VMDEL 3 will delete voice message # 3. No other action is required.
Please note, that...
- You can send voice mail to the users who are not registered yet. In this case an invitation will be send to them.
- A copy of each voice mail is sent via e-mail to the same user id, so if your recipient is not registered or not using GoogleTalk, he/she is still able to hear from you.
- Every time you sign-in to GoogleTalk an information message will be displayed to you informing about new messages in your voice mail box. If no new voice mail messages are left unplayed, no information message is displayed.
- Time is currently displayed according to GMT - Greenwich Mean Time.
- All voice messages are limited to 120 secs long.
- No limit for number of messages sent or stored is set.
Send all your questions and ideas for further service improvements to GTalk2VoIP TEAM. We would certainly like to hear from y
If you've tested and liked our services, please let your friends know about it, send them a voice mail. Thank you.