To try and use outgoing calls service you have to perform the following steps:
Step 1. Subscribe to the service in one of the possible ways:
- 1st Way. Open your GoogleTalk and invite new recipient whose user id is email@example.com.
- 2nd Way. Go to the main page of this site and submit your user id by pressing "Invite" button, then accept invitation from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2. Make a voice call to user email@example.com from inside of your GoogleTalk. Your call will be automatically accepted by our automated system, a beep sound will be heard and on-line HELP menu displayed. This means, GTalk2VoIP is ready to serve you. Any text sent to user firstname.lastname@example.org is considered to be a command for execution.
Step 3. Type in a command like CALL desired_phone_number in the chat window to place a call. A desired phone number must be in the international (E.164) format like: 1-650-253-0000 or 86-10-85184499, i.e. it must include country code and area code (Example: CALL 86-10-85184499). Please, do not type access codes (leading zeros or other prefixes usually used to access international switches), such phone numbers will not be recognised or wrongly routed.
Step 4. In a second or two you will get an incoming call from email@example.com which you have to accept (or reject if you have suddenly changed your mind).
Step 5. When incoming call is accepted you will hear a beep signal followed by (a usual voice indicator of call progress). Text messages also displayed in chat window informing you about call setup events, call cost and service provider it is routed through.
Step 6. When your call is answered on the remote side, "Remote answered. Now talking.." message is displayed. From this moment accounting process is started, you can talk.
Step 7. When you drop the call or the remote party hangs up, a message like "Charged time: XX secs. Reason = EndedByLocalUser" is displayed to you. Reason is a sort of mnemo-code indicating what was the reason of call disconnection. EndedByLocalUser means that whas you who ended the call.
Step 8. If some network problem occurs, or phone number has been wrongly defined, lots of other call disconnection reasons displayed.
- While talking you can type in any number of digits or * or # signs, they will be sent as DTMF tones to the remote party.
- To figure out the exact cost of a call to a diven destination use the COST phone command. It will display all available service providers it is possible to route your calls through and their rate.
- You have to keep your balance positive to be able to make calls.
- During the talk you will hear a soft beep signal every 20 seconds. This is made to warn you that the call is lasting and being charged.
- Billing is carried on per-second basis.
- No free seconds are given.
- The call is not charged if the remote does not pick up the phone (no answer).
- This service is not expected to be used for emergency calls.
Send all your questions and ideas for further service improvements to GTalk2VoIP TEAM. We would certainly like to hear from y
If you've tested and liked our services, please let your friends know about it, send them a voice mail. Thank you.